Tarmaseal™ is now widely used on many commercial tarmac restoration projects throughout the UK and Ireland.
We have listed below a few of the more recent tarmac restoration projects that Tarmaseal™ has been used on:
- New terminal at Southend Airport in Essex (passenger walkway)
- Coopers Technology College, Chislehurst, Kent (car parking area)
- School playground at Buswells Lodge Primary School, Leicester
- School playground at St Mary’s Magdalene School, Woolwich, London
- Pathways at Clevedon Golf Club, Somerset
Tarmaseal™ is a very versatile tarmac restoration product and can be used on many commercial tarmac refurbishment projects such as school playgrounds, car parks, tennis courts, walkways and sports grounds.
Tarmaseal™ has many benefits as listed below:
- Simple and quick to apply by roller or brush
- Water based and very ‘eco friendly’
- Comes in three colours (black, red or greren)
- Rejuvenates original tarmac colouring
- Very hard wearing
- Can be re-coated as required
- Cuts down on ongoing maintenance.
- Helps bind the surface aggregate to reduce ‘fretting’.
- Makes the tarmac resistant to water and frost penetration
- Makes removal of oil and fuel stains easier.
- Far more protective than artifical looking bitumen based tarmac paint
- Helps to slow down the growth of algae, lichens and mosses.
Contractor: Smartseal UK Ltd
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Site Details: Shared Driveway (8 properties)
Area: Approx. 300sq metres
Client Comments: Project specification was to pre-treat and remove large spillage of diesel to complex of communal road and driveways. Due to residual staining on the tarmac after removal of the diesel stain, it was necessary to coat the entire area with Tarmaseal to create an even finish and ‘mask’ any staining and surface deterioration that had occurred.
St Mary’s Magdalene School Project
Client: St Mary Magdalene School, Woolwich SE18
Contractor: Lakehouse Contracts Ltd, Romford, Essex
Location: Woolwich, London
Site Details: Surrounding areas to main buildings
Area: 1000sq metres Lakehouse contractors were appointed to lay new tarmac to large areas alongside other associated building work around the school.
Problem: Once the new areas of tarmac had been laid and prior to completion of the overall project, additional ground excavations had to be carried out as well as other general building work. This resulted in many areas of the new tarmac becoming stained and unsightly, where the excavation channels were filled in the overall finish of the tarmac became patchy.
Solution: These problems had to be resolved and after researching the best options available, Lakehouse Contracts decided to use Tarmaseal to cover all the patchy stains and create a uniform finish as requested by the client.
Client Comments: “We were delighted with the end result, and would happily use the product again. We would certainly recommend Tarmaseal to our clients and other potential users in the future.” ~ James Kemp, Lakehouse contacts
Top Rated Products
Aldershot Job Centre & Farnham County Court Project
Client: Aldershot Job Centre & Farnham County Court.
Contractor: Hutchings & Carter Ltd. Alton, Hampshire
Location: 78-86 Victoria Road, Aldershot, Hampshire GU11 1SS
Site Details: Car park repairs and refurbishment
Problem: After being laid for nearly 20 years the car park had lost colour, had suffered extensive cracking, potholes and various stains. It needed to be bought back to a good standard whilst avoiding the need to having it completely relaid.
Solution: The car park was completely cleaned and repairs were carried out using cold lay repair tarmac and crack repair compound from Smartseal. Tarmaseal was then the preferred option as a surface repair coating that would make the surface finish uniform and protect it against further wear and tear.
We work closely with a wide range of clients from different sectors and regions